If you are a registered 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, focused on hope and change for prisoners, women in recovery and/or military veterans, find out how to become a partner organization with Serving California to make a difference.


Become a Partner

  • Mission: You must be working with Prisoners, Ex-Prisoners, Women in Recovery and/or Military Veterans
  • Geography: You must be working with one of these groups in the State of California. We only fund and support organizations and programs working in California
  • Impact: Your existing programs must exhibit evidence-based results in helping these individuals
  • Non-Profit Status: Serving California will only consider working with partners that are registered 501(c)(3) organizations or are affiliated with a non-profit organization.
  • Financials: Serving California will only partner with groups that provide us with a clearly defined budget for the proposed project.
  • New Programming: Serving California is looking for organizations that may have a pioneering or inventive idea, but need a grant to launch their programming. Specific metrics can be developed with program partners to effectively evaluate the success of pilot programming.
  • Supercharging Existing Programming: Serving California is looking for organizations with innovative, successful programming where a grant from Serving California would allow the organization to expand the program reach in a significant way.

Q: When should I submit my grant request?
A: Serving California will receive grant requests throughout the year, but the deadline for all requests is the last day of August, each year, for the following year’s awards.

Q: When do you make decisions regarding grant requests?
A: Grant requests will be reviewed by Serving California staff throughout the year and decisions will be made during the month of September.

Q: When would we be notified regarding grant approval or denial?
A: Notification of approval or lack thereof will be given to all requestors by the end of October, each year.

Q: How are the grants awarded?
A: Grant disbursements will be awarded in the following calendar year. Example: Requests received by 8/31/17 will be awarded in fiscal year 2018.

Q: Does the money come in one lump sum and if so, when?
A: Disbursements will be made in even distributions on a quarterly basis beginning the first month of the following calendar year. Checks will be cut by the 15th of the month and mailed to the grantee in January, April, July and October.

Q: How do I submit a grant request?
A: Go to the Serving California website and click on the Instructions tab of the Grants page and follow the instructions.

Contact Us

PO Box 4426
Thousand Oaks, CA

Follow Us


Sign up to receive the latest news on Serving California's efforts.

©2018 Serving California