- Mission: You must be working with Prisoners, Ex-Prisoners, Women in Recovery and/or Military Veterans
- Geography: You must be working with one of these groups in the State of California. We only fund and support organizations and programs working in California.
- Impact: Your existing programs must exhibit evidence-based results in helping these individuals.
- Non-Profit Status: Serving California will only consider working with partners that are registered 501(c)(3) organizations or are affiliated with a non-profit organization.
- Financials: Serving California will only partner with groups that provide us with a clearly defined budget for the proposed project.
- New Programming: Serving California is looking for organizations that may have a pioneering or inventive idea, but need a grant to launch their programming. Specific metrics can be developed with program partners to effectively evaluate the success of pilot programming.
- Supercharging Existing Programing: Serving California is looking for organizations with innovative, successful programming where a grant from Serving California would allow the organization to expand the program reach in a significant way.
- Serving California will receive grant requests throughout the year.
- Deadline for grant submission in any given year will be August 30th.
- Grant requests will be reviewed by Serving California staff throughout the year and decisions will be made during the month of September.
- Notification of approval or lack thereof will be given to all requestors by the end of October of each year.
- Grant disbursements will be awarded in the following calendar year. Example: Requests received by 8/30/17 will be awarded in fiscal year 2018.
- Disbursements will be made in even distributions on a quarterly basis beginning on the first month of the following calendar year. Checks will be cut by the 15th of the month and mailed to the grantee.
- Step One: Read the Grant Agreement Template to determine if you are willing to enter into this level of partnership with Serving California
- Step Two: Fill out the Grant Request Template and submit it to Grants@servingcalifornia.org
- Step Three: If the grant is awarded, you will be notified and sent a Grant Agreement Template that must be signed and returned